Friday 26 April 2013

Lemon Freckles talks blogger!

This week my dear sister kindly agreed to give me some pointers for new bloggers! Her blog is very sweet - full of quirky fashion, recipe tips and outings with her fiance. I hope you find these pointers useful and do give her blog a visit from time to time: Lemon Freckles.

How would you describe your blog?
I guess the genre of my blog is ‘Personal’, I mostly blog about my life and little adventures. I like sharing things I love on the blog as well, even if its just sharing something beautiful I have just found on Etsy or an iPhone App I just can’t get enough of.

What is your key to a successful blog?
Honestly, I have no idea, it depends on what you count as successful. Looking at some of my favourite blogs I would say it is because they are blogging about something they love, something they have a passion about, which comes across in their blog and tends to make me want to read more. I think blogging is like anything creative really, you just have to have a go, make mistakes, have fun, be brave and don’t worry about what other people think. When I first started blogging I was so worried about what my friends, family and strangers may think that it affected what I blogged about, I think I wanted to maintain an air of ‘cool’ but the reality is I’m not a ‘cool’ person in real life, so it was like I was pretending to be something I’m not. When I finally started to relax I enjoyed it a lot more, I’m still finding my feet in blogging, I’m pretty much a newbie but the more I go on the more I enjoy it.

How do you network?
Networking is such a funny thing, in the blogging community I think it is more about finding like minded people, finding other bloggers you can connect with over shared interests. I think there are so many ways you can connect with other bloggers but the best way I have found is just by reading other blogs, commenting, leaving positive comments on fellow bloggers posts. Blogging is such a personal thing, no matter what the subject, so I think any blogger loves to be encouraged and I love encouraging people, so it works well for me. Also Instagram has had an absolutely massive impact in the blogging community, I’ve found so many amazing blogs just through instagram alone. I’ve not come across many bloggers that don’t use it to share just that little bit more of their life and it’s a absolutely beautiful way to connect and encourage people again.

Who is your market audience?
Me. I write for myself and I hope that inspires others. I have things I love doing, like sewing, bargain hunting, vintage festivals, drinking too much tea and I expect that will bring in a certain type of person to the blog but I don’t have a particular genre of person in mind when I blog.

What tips do you have for new bloggers?
Have a go! Don’t be afraid to write about what you love and have some fun with it. Don’t push yourself to do a post a day on the blog at first or stick to a strict regime of what you are going to blog about, I did this at first and found it put too much pressure on me and took away the fun of blogging. Instead just blog when you feel like it, don’t worry about getting more followers or anything like that, just find your way with blogging first. Join Bloglovin and find lots of inspiring blogs that you love, learn from them and encourage them too!

No comments:

Post a Comment